Description: The ISDS Education & Training Committee supports development of the public health surveillance workforce. The Committee develops and makes available educational, training and reference materials-especially for (but not limited to) public health practitioners and students of public health–with an emphasis on the practical application of disease surveillance methods.
- Identify opportunities for relevant topics for training
- Promote public health research
- Present workshops at conferences, universities, public health training centers, and distance learning sites
- Develop and disseminate Syndromic Surveillance 101 online training course
- Organize Pre-Conference Workshops held at the Annual Conference
- Hold monthly committee calls
SS101: An Introduction to Syndromic Surveillance